SAMPLING OF MEDIATION SUCCESSES
As a full-time mediator for 25 years, Ms. Petrilla’s wide-ranging mediation experience spans the litigation spectrum. Below is a sampling of her successful mediations in diverse dispute areas including Employment, Discrimination, Complex Commercial, Public Policy/Multi-jurisdictional/Infrastructure, Healthcare/Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury litigation.
Please contact Ms. Petrilla at email@example.com or (609) 372-2373 for additional information.
- A highly contentious municipal Board of Education wrongful termination employment matter resolved in mediation after having been decided by the Appellate Division with a Petition for Certification before the NJ Supreme Court.
- A high profile discrimination case involving the accessibility of a public transportation system regulated by a major New Jersey city.
- Consolidated actions involving multi-million dollar losses of a famous international designer product involving various overseas and domestic carrier and container lines.
- A challenged proposed condominium conversion of a fully occupied low income rental complex.
- An aggressively litigated federal court case of adverse possession involving a national park.
- A multi-jurisdictional long running roadway dispute among multiple state agencies, as well as, county and municipal governments which addressed serious public safety concerns.
- A major contract dispute between New Jersey’s largest health insurance provider and a network of inner city hospitals – the co-mediated resolution of which averted a potential crisis for thousands of residents needing medical care.
- A medical malpractice case involving a wrongful death claim alleging a community clinic physician’s misdiagnosis/mistreatment of septic poisoning.
- A case of first impression as to the duty of a hotel to be knowledgeable about its patrons. The case involved a girl who for years had allegedly been sexually abused by a close family friend in various places including four defendant hotels.
Ms. Petrilla serves on the New Jersey court roster of civil mediators for Burlington and Camden counties. She is willing to travel to accommodate counsel and their clients in other counties as a private mediator.
Ms. Petrilla does not provide legal representation and only serves as a neutral.
She does not mediate family law cases. The following resources may be informative in researching family mediation.